I Stand Corrected: K-ON! the Animation

Medium: Anime
Episodes: 13
Rating: PG
Subbed/Dubbed: Dubbed

What? We're revisiting this one? Did Screw hate it that much?
Nope. In fact, I'd like to do a complete 180 and say that I actually like it. The anime, that is.

"Say what."
It seems that the dub makes the difference, so I find myself here to apologize for statements made in my last review of the K-ON! anime. You see, what had given me a terrible impression of the series was the Animax dub of K-ON!, which... isn't all that funny, just as "intolerably cute" as I'd first pegged it. I just sat down with the Bandai dub, and I'm honestly impressed. The voices fit the characters a lot better, the script is actually funny, the jokes come at a nice pace- Basically, it's everything the Animax dub isn't, and although it's still pretty cute, that still takes a backseat to the humor, which is what is supposed to be the case. I was surprised to find myself giggling at it when I'd given the anime such a harsh review before, so the next time I see somebody complaining about a redub of a series, I'm going to tell them to STFU, because a different take on the same source material can make a world of difference. Congratulations to Bandai, whose strive for excellence in entertainment rescued this one from my Dropped list with a single episode. Kudos, guys!

Score: 7/10
Pass/Fail: Passed!

And now, here's a happy Yui as an apology.

Comments